Seven Cycles is looking for a welder with an artistic sense of craftsmanship and urgency. We are seeking a welder with at least two years of experience welding bicycle frames specifically. The welding team's mission is to produce exquisitely welded titanium and steel frames, while meeting Seven's welding team target for labor hours per frame as well as capabilities development and team camaraderie. Required background includes a minimum of one-year TIG welding experience.
Production Welder Mission
The welding team’s mission is to produce flawless products at the rate required by customers through continuous improvement of production processes, developing individual capabilities, working as a team, and responding to market demands as communicated by the R&D and marketing teams.
To meet Seven’s welding team targets for product accuracy, labor hours per frame, and capabilities development.
- Meet team based targets for production units per day and week
- Meet team based targets for labor hours per unit
- Maintenance, cleanliness, and orderliness of tools and work areas
- Commitment to understanding, learning, and improving Seven’s Process Methodology
- Developing, defining, and implementing improvement projects
- Support success of the welding team, other teams, and the company
- Commitment to developing capabilities and skills
Performance evaluation metrics
- Productivity: labor hours per frame as a percent of target
- Accuracy: weld quality meets and exceeds specifications
- Volume: production rate as a percent of the target
- Profit—specific to final machining—as a percent of the target
- Expenditures as a percent of the budget for production teams
- Co-worker and customer feedback
- Individual capabilities development
Traits and Profiles
- Responsibility: Dependable and accountable; delivers on time, within budget, and as specified
- Values: High levels of integrity, honesty, and responsibility
- Intensity: High stamina and endurance; focus on work activities
- Detail-Oriented: In all aspects of final machining: Prep, Support Work, Equipment Maintenance
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changes in both environmental conditions and adjust the process accordingly
- Steadiness: Ability to work in close quarters at exacting tasks
- Creativity: In both problem solving and ability to exceed customers finish expectations
- Discerner: Skilled in self–appraisal; sort the critical from the superfluous and take action
- Proactive: Looks for solutions; initiates change and improvement
- Relater: Outgoing and congenial; promotes positive relationships
- Project management: Excellence in the management of projects, people, deadlines, constraints, etc.
- Technical mastery: Committed to continual self education; large store of industry knowledge
Ideal Professional Background
- Cycling experience: technology-savvy enthusiast
- Basic machine knowledge, mills, lathes and hand tools
- Experience with single-piece-flow or the Toyota Production System
Email to be part of our team.
About Seven Cycles
Seven Cycles, Inc. was founded in January 1997 and is the largest exclusively custom bicycle builder in the world. The company’s mission is to enhance the riding experience of cyclists worldwide through the optimum fit, performance, comfort, and styling of their bicycles. Seven fosters a fast-paced environment, placing particular focus on its employees, customer satisfaction, and product quality and innovation.
Seven Cycles is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance and flextime.